I was looking for a Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls recipe a while ago and could only seem to find recipes that used a yeast free dough. I tried one of them but found it very biscuity and rock like, so decided to try something a little different.
I used the dough recipe from Thermomumma’s Cheese and Bacon Rolls (you can find it here) and then adapted it to make the scrolls.
This time it was much more like the beautiful bread like ones you get from the bakery.
1 quantity of Thermomumma’s Cheese and Bacon Roll dough
180g cheddar/colby cheese chopped in the thermomix
80g cheddar/colby cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 180 deg. Celcius.
- Prepare dough as per Thermomumma recipe up to step 3.
- Separate dough in to two pieces.
- Return one piece to the bowl and cover with a tea towel.
- Roll out the other piece into a rectangle. It won’t stay a perfect rectangle but just get it as close as you can.
- Using a butter knife orspatula, spread Vegemite over most of the dough rectangle, leaving about a 2cm gap down one long edge. Depending how muchVegemite you want, you may need to go over it afterwards and scrape some back off but it’s easier to spread if you start with slightly more.
- Sprinkle with half the chopped cheese.
- Roll the dough up and stretch the corners out as you roll.
- Slice into 3cm pieces
- Place scrolls on baking paper on a baking tray and leave another 15-20 minutes to prove.
- Sprinkle scrolls with half the grated cheese.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and edges of rolls are golden.
- Repeat steps 5-12 for the second piece of dough.
- Try not to eat them all yourself before the kids get to them!
Please follow and like us: